Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sew Sweet Patterns Harper Reversible Dress

I purchased the Harper Reversible Dress pattern mainly because I loved the fabric they used. It's Bukhara by Dear Stella House Designer, with the main side using Suzani in Multi and reverse using Fez in Multi (I think I like the reverse better, will post some photos soon). You can see the original here. The fabric was purchased from Hawthorn Threads. It's bright, bold and is something I'd usually steer clear of. I think smaller prints suit babies and toddlers better.


The whole dress is sewn inside out, apart from the hem. This way all seams are nicely hidden - perfect if you don't have a serger or overlocker. It was a little tricky to sew the curves but going slowly helps. I didn't get one curve perfect so I just stitched over the top of the original to correct it.

I accidentally cut the front hem the smaller size 9-12 months so had to shorten the dress. I still think its too long. I love dresses that are mid thigh. They are just that bit cuter.

Her Dad said she looked like a table cloth and Uncle, "like a 70's child"...besides that nonsense we had a fun morning in the sun at Coolangatta on the Gold Coast.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share